Sunday, February 23, 2020

Trying to get healhy!

I've been trying to get healthy for the past few months. Of course, the holidays put a wrench in my plans, but since January, I was back at it hard. I've kept my calories around 1000-1200 daily. Here's the thing: I haven't lost any weight. It's frustrating as heck. I haven't been going to the gym, but only because life is constantly getting in the way. I know. I know. That's an excuse, and I totally own up to that.

In the meantime, I have an appt with my doctor to have my thyroid checked. Every female in my mom's side of the family has one form of thyroid disorder or another. I admit I'm really hoping that's it. I was always slim up until my thirties. And then the weight slammed into my booty, stomach and...well, everywhere else. I wouldn't say I'm obese, but definitely out of shape and overweight. If the results come back normal, I'll have to commit to the gym at least four days a week and reevaluate my diet. There must be some sneaky sabotage in there I'm not noticing.

There's more to it than only wanting to lose weight, though. I'm not getting any younger. At forty-three, I want to feel young. I want to have energy and stamina. Part of my fatigue is caused by a vertigo disorder, but a lot of it is caused by my sudden sedentary lifestyle. Desk jobs aren't conducive to activity, after all.

Have you tried any safe diets? I don't mean things like Atkins or Keto, but something with real, whole food? I'd love to hear your yummy recipes.

Until next time, have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what size you currently are, but your metabolism needs more than 1000 to work. I would suggest 1200-1500 cal a day. On Jan 1 I signed up for WW Canada
    And have lost 25 lb as of today on the green plan..lots of frits and veggies :)

    ReplyDelete